Translate

Sunday, June 15, 2014

TODAY - IT'S ALL ABOUT OUR DADs

                

                           Knot Sew Perfect Designs – BLOG 

Explanation: Knot = wood knot, crochet knot etc. Sew = I sew just enough to get by; Sow- seeds for gardening either flower or veggie.Perfect = absolutely exquisitely done but KNOT by me (sometimes). What I do sometimes I have never done before so the results are Knot Perfect!
Design = Could be most anything. A crocheted rug, a kitchen makeover, a patio, garden, a new recipe , decorating something or something basic.


DAD'S - I know this has nothing to do with design but hey - it's about our Dad's and how wonderful they are. But, without my Dad I wouldn't know how to do what I know now - creating, fixing, doing. They were (are) the rock in the family.  The mediators, the force, the hero and so on and so on.






These pics were at his 92nd birthday surrounded by family but here, with most of his grandchildren.  Two of my sister's sons were unavailable to make the trip to VT but they were there in spirit.

He was always an inspiration because he "could do anything" and of course, I wanted to be JUST LIKE DAD. He was a master cabinet maker.  He built many pieces of furniture for me and the rest of the family....and like I mention in a previous blog, simply from looking at a picture.  He was amazing.  I spent many hours in his shop with him.  I got to use the jigsaw and who knows how many blades I broke in ONE day from being too anxious to get done whatever I was making. He could fix cars although I didn't like that much.  He built our house with my grandfather from the basement up.  It was solid as a rock. He also tackled plumbing, electrical and everything else. He was simply amazing.

I won't go on and on about him although I could. I still miss my Dad every day but I believe I am honoring his "fatherhood" by being creative and making things just like he use to.  I wish I could have learned more from him.

 You have your memories of your own fathers whether they are still living or not.  They always seem to end up being our hero's.


Here' to ALL DADs out there.  Happy Father's DAY.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful father's day blog!! Love it + knowing you I know I can so see how it all developed :))

    ReplyDelete